In December it was time for a knowledge session at WIBA IT. This time John Bilius got to work and he told us about his work as a Business Analyst. With over 15 years of experience, he was the perfect candidate for an educational session.
What is a Business Analist?
Business analysis is a research discipline that focuses on identifying business needs, opportunities and problems, to arrive at the right solutions. A business analysis touches upon all organizational levels: operational, tactical and strategic. Three levels of business analysis can be distinguished:
- Process Improvement
- Business Improvement
- System Development
What does a Business Analist do?
A Business Analyst has many different tasks. His activities may include the following activities:
- Mapping out the wishes and requirements of an organization or client
- Analyzing organization needs and preparing improvements for organizational processes
- Specifying, prioritizing, verifying and validating functional wishes and requirements and translating them into efficient solutions
- Identifying risks, bottlenecks and deviations (and advising management if necessary to remove them)
- Monitor and manage requirements during projects
- Possibly make statistical analyzes using support programs such Excel, Acces, SPSS, Business Objects and SQL
- Drafting a business case of the proposed solution
- Acting as a sounding board for the business, project team members, (software) supplier or outsourcer
- Guiding and coordinating analyzes for planned changes and developments within an organization
- Support and train users within the department in interpreting and analyzing relevant reports with regard to various projects
Will we see you soon with us?
Are you also an IT specialist in your field and would you like to share your knowledge with an enthusiastic team? At WIBA IT you are at the right address. As an organization, we are always open to learning and receive you with open arms. Please contact Ilkin Musajev or Ramon Vaes by e-mail or via 010 – 840 9999 and who knows, we may see you at the next knowledge session.